Home About Us History Membership Amenities Contact Us

Dornick Hills Golf & Country Club is a private club with a beautiful and challenging 18-hole golf course that embodies a proud history.

Dornick Hills Golf & Country Club is the Private Country Club of Southern Oklahoma. Work on the Golf Course began on the west nine in 1913 by Perry Maxwell. Today, we have a challenging 18 hole championship, par 70 golf course. The Land was part of a dairy farm owned by Maxwell. Work on the Club House began in 1914.

Dornick Hills enjoys two distinctions. It was Oklahoma's first golf course with Bermuda grass greens. It was the first Oklahoma Golf Club to be affiliated with the United States Golf Association. This occurred on July 20, 1914 and for the next six years no other Oklahoma Golf Club enjoyed such a distinction. Before Perry Maxwell died in 1952, he had designed about 75 golf courses — many of which were in Oklahoma. Some of the other notable courses he designed in Oklahoma were Twin Hills, Southern Hills, Oakhurst, Hillcrest and Oklahoma City Golf & Country Club. He also designed Hardscrabble in Ft. Smith, AR, Prairie Dunes in Hutchison, KS, and Colonial in Ft. Worth, TX. Mr. Maxwell did a great deal of redesigning. Some of these were Pine Valley NJ, Westchester, NY, Maidstone NY, Merion PA, Saucon Valley PA, Augusta National GA, Cypress Point CA and Brook Hollow TX.

Member Sign In
Username: »Clear
 
Password:
 
 
Forgot your password?
Click HERE for Login Instructions
© 2006-2010 Dornick Hills Golf & Country Club
519 Country Club Rd. • Ardmore, OK 73401 • P: (580) 223-4071